
Mike and I celebrated our first year anniversary as husband and wife last April 8. Since it was Easter Sunday, we decided to spend the day with the family and have dinner, just the two of us, some other time. We had dinner last Friday at this small restaurant in Makati- Malcolm's. It was recommended by Anton so we decided to give it a try.
Mike ordered the specialty of the house which was the Wagyu Rib-eye and I had the Wagyu Cheesesteak Sandwich. Both items were good! The steak was around 7oz. with 2 side dishes and a bowl of soup. Mike chose the coleslaw and Garlic Mashed potatoes as his side dish and the Cream of pumpkin as his soup. The coleslaw was not your usual mayo-based coleslaw 'coz it had a vinegar-pepper-olive oil dressing. The tartness of the dressing balanced the richness of the beef. The garlic mashed potatoes was a disappointment. It had too much of that raw garlic taste. The pumpkin soup was ok. Flavorful but not too filling. Just enough to jumpstart the tastebuds for the main dish. The ribeye was succulent. Cooked medim rare, the meat was soft and devoid of the bubblegum texture when chewed. Kinda pricey at PhP 1,700++, but I think it was worth it. Mike had a satisfied look on his face after dinner=)

I had the cheesesteak sandwich with potato wedges on the side. The serving was generous as it was good for two. I was only able to eat one sandwich and 2 potato wedges. Good, good, good! =)
The place was small and very cozy for a dinner date. Unfortunately, we were not able to sample their dessert fare as there was no room for more food. So we promised to go back and try out the other entrees and the desserts!

Malcolm's
108 H.V. Dela Costa St.
Salcedo Village, Makati
Tel: 844-0000



No comments:
Post a Comment